WarbirdsNews believes strongly in promoting like-minded organizations where it can. Located in Gatineau, Quebec, Vintage Wings of Canada is one such organization which does so much to share and keep alive the stories of our Greatest Generation. Operating and restoring a fleet of vintage, single-engined military aircraft, their volunteers travel the length and breadth of the nation on limited resources, but with maximum impact. Another such organization is the Commemorative Air Force, and the two groups will be collaborating this July to help each other raise funds for their continued service.
The CAF’s Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress known as “Sentimental Journey” will be visiting Vintage Wings of Canada’s home at Gatineau Executive Airport between July 7th and 12th. Based with the CAF’s Arizona Wing, newly re-classified as Airbase Arizona in Mesa, Arizona, “Sentimental Journey” is traveling around North America giving rides to donors at stops along the way. For the first time ever, some of these flight experience rides will be available in the Ottawa/Gatineau area of Canada. Visitors to Vintage Wings of Canada will also be able to tour the bomber on the ground for a small fee during this time as well. However, exclusive to Vintage Wings of Canada’s Facebook page members, the organization is offering a lottery for a free flight aboard “Sentimental Journey” on July 13th.
Here’s how to do it, but first you must visit Vintage Wings of Canada’s Facebook page HERE, and click “like”. Get your friends and family to sign up too!
• Print this coupon/ballot (Click Coupon) from the FaceBook Posting
• Add your name, email and telephone number.
• Bring it with you when you come for a tour of the B-17 Sentimental Journey at Vintage Wings of Canada on any day from July 7-12th, 2014 (tour of B-17 and Vintage Wings Collection – $10.00)
• One coupon per paid entry at Vintage Wings during Sentimental Journey event
• Drop your ballot at the front desk ballot box when you have paid your entry fee.
• On the afternoon of Saturday July 12th, a single ballot will be drawn. The winner will be contacted immediately.
• Winner must appear at Vintage Wings of Canada on Sunday July 13th for a ride into history aboard the Boeing B-17 Sentimental Journey – weather permitting.
• If weather or maintenance causes the cancellation of flights on the 13th, the winner will receive a consolation prize of an RCAF B-17 T-shirt. No alternate dates – if the B-17 fails to fly on the 13th, a T-shirt will be awarded instead. Click B-17 Shirt to see the T-Shirt.