The Imperial War Museum, Duxford, Cambridgeshire, UK, has announced the dates of its flying season and, as always, it promises to be an exciting one. The IWM flying season is always packed with events to fill the year with great days out. From their two-day, action-packed weekend air shows, to one-day flying events – including the museum’s popular evening flying display and end-of-year season finale.
As well as celebrating a half-century of airshows at the former Royal Air Force base, there will be a new type of show presented in 2023. The ‘Flying Days’ were introduced to the Imperial War Museum’s Duxford events calendar in 2021, and each event is themed around available vintage aircraft, both those based at Duxford and beyond, to help retell a specific story from aviation history. The museum promises: “Each event will bring you the best aerial choreography, storytelling, and conservation success stories from IWM Duxford through thrilling flying displays and themed ground activities.” Of course, these are subject to weather, serviceability, and pilot availability, as is normal.
Duxford 2023 Flying Season Shows:
- Flying Days: VE Day | Sunday 7 May 2023
- Flying Days: Commemorating D-Day | Sunday 4 June 2023
- Duxford Summer Air Show | Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 June 2023
- Flying Days: The Americans | Friday 28 July 2023
- Flying Days: 19 Squadron | Saturday 12 August 2023
- Duxford Flying Evening | Saturday 26 August 2023
- Battle of Britain Air Show | Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 September 2023
- Duxford Flying Finale | Saturday 14 October 2023
From the ground to the skies above, IWM Duxford entertains generations with the best flying displays, special vintage entertainment, aviation history, and fun for all ages. Join the Imperial War Museums in 2023 as they celebrate 50 years of incredible air shows at IWM Duxford. For more details visit www.iwm.org.uk