It’s been over a year since the Fagen Fighters WWII Museum has been able to host visitors, so one can imagine their relief and joy at opening their doors for the fist time again this past Saturday May 15th! The weather was perfect for flying, so they took up their F2M Wildcat and SNJ-4 Texan to celebrate with a little style. The video below shows Evan Fagen taking the Wildcat up this past Saturday, and while the fighter appears small in the frame, the sound of its engine during the low pass down the runway will likely raise your pulse… it’s pure magic!
As their press release noted, if you missed this opportunity to see some warbirds in the air again, don’t worry… they look forwards to much more flying this summer and to welcoming many more visitors. For regular updates on these opportunities, be sure to follow the Fagen Fighters WWII Museum on Facebook.
Given all that has happened this past year, the museum has obviously had to adapt some of their procedures to accommodate our present reality. While many details remain similar, there are some exciting new changes also. Here is what the museum has posted about what you can expect, and what to be aware of…
What’s the same?
- Our mission, to preserve the memory of the heroes of WWII, promote patriotism in today’s Americans, and inspire tomorrow’s leaders to study and apply history’s lessons.
- Our hours: Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The location: 2450 240th Street Granite Falls, MN 56241
What are the changes?
- Admission prices
- Children (9 years-old and under – free)
- Children ages 10 – 17 – $5,
- Adults – $10,
- Family – $20.
- Half off for Active Military – $5.
- Annual memberships now available! Memberships can be purchased at the front desk.
- Single Membership will be $25 (remainder of 2021)
- Family Membership will be $50 (remainder of 2021)
(note: in 2022, membership prices will be $50 and $100)
- No guided tours or scheduling any bus/school tours at this time. Of course, our staff will be ready to greet visitors and will make their way around our facilities to answer questions.
- NEW Exhibits:
- The BEST and newest addition to the museum is the United States Navy’s F6F-5 Hellcat, Death N’ Destruction!
- A beautiful mural depicting the F6F Hellcat and SB2C Helldiver
- A training base mural
- Robin Olds display case
- Numerous photos and WWII artwork
- A Merlin engine
- An original aircraft tug from Pearl Harbor and another WWII-era tug
- COVID-19 related:
Of course, we ask that all visitors use the precautions we have all come to know well.
- While mask wearing is not required, it is encouraged indoors. Wear if you want!
- Hand sanitizers are available in each hangar
- Please stay with your group and keep a distance from other visitors.
LEARN MORE AT: Fagen Fighters WWII Museum’s Website
Be the first to comment
Graphic Design, Branding and Aviation Art