The Mission of the museum is to acquire, collect, restore, maintain, display and fly tactical classic jet aircraft and other aircraft of historic or unique character, and to emphasize the preservation and teaching of the history, maintenance, fabrication, and flying skills of these aircraft. World Heritage Air Museum will preserve these aircraft in flying condition whenever possible so as to allow the public the benefit of seeing these aircraft in flight. World Heritage Air Museum will also promote, attend, sponsor and host air shows, fly-ins and air racing.WHAM will regularly fly these aircraft and seek to build a museum at the airport that will become a prominent tourist draw. WHAM plans to have annual fundraising dinners, and local airshows. WHAM will also seek both donations and volunteers to promote both its mission and the renaissance of Detroit City Airport.
The Illinois Aviation Museum at Bolingbrook is a consortium of individuals and groups dedicated to advancing aviation and engineering. Our current operation is housed in Hangar One, a 6000 square foot facility at Bolingbrook\’s Clow International Airport, provided by the Village of Bolingbrook. This renovated building is home to our aircraft displays and a number of activities and programs. In addition to our growing museum collection of restored and replica aircraft, we also maintain ongoing restoration projects for future display. Volunteers are welcome! Day-to-day operating funds and supporting services come from memberships, individual donors, local businesses, and organized fundraising events and programs.We invite all those who have an interest in aviation, education, or community service to explore what we have to offer at the Illinois Aviation Museum at Bolingbrook’s Clow International Airport. There are many opportunities to volunteer, programs to participate in, and ways to support this exciting organization!
Located at Crève Coeur Airport in St. Louis, Missouri, the museum\’s collection centers around civil aircraft built in between the two World Wars, from 1916 to 1946. Several aircraft in the collection are the only extant models of their class.The museum is open to the public regularly, with scheduled tours and rides available.
Plans were laid early that the museum would not only be a place to display famous military and vintage aircraft, but would be a place in every way dedicated to telling and showing the rich and varied story of our region\’s aviation history. In the short time since the museum\’s dedication, the members have built a solid foundation, establishing a working museum with aircraft, restoration projects and a role in the region\’s promotion of aviation activities and air shows.The Dakota Territory Air Museum has already forged a place where the aviation history of our region can be shown. As our country and imaginations probe the depths of travel into space, we realize the speed with which changes are coming in aviation. Many of us remember, so short a time ago, when flying itself pushed at the boundaries of daring. It’s a memory to be preserved.The history of these changes not only signifies the giant strides that have been so quickly made over the years, but also points out the very special opportunity we have now – the opportunity to show our children and grandchildren what it was like, and point to what was done. The Dakota Territory Air Museum is dedicated to provide that opportunity.The members of the Dakota Territory Air Museum feel that now is the time to save and remember what came before, while at the same time pointing to the skies and what is to come.
In 1986, the Adjutant General\’s Department of Texas undertook to establish a museum and archival collection to tell the story of the Texas Military Forces. The following year the United States Army\’s Center for Miitary History sanctioned the creation of a military holding and museum to be located in Austin, Texas, at Camp Mabry, headquarters of the Texas Military Forces. Under the energetic leadership of Brigadier General John C.L. Scribner, work began to collect historic vehicles, artifacts and archival material for the proposed museum.In 1990, Major General William C. Wilson designated Building 6, originaly constructed in 1918 as a mess hall, as the museum\’s new home. Led by General Scribner, a group of talented and devoted volunteers raised the funds necessary to convert Building 6 into a museum. Working almost exclusively with a modest amout of donated funds, as well as their own tools and equipment, they designed and created the museum\’s exhibits. On November 14, 1992 the Texas Military Forces Museum opened to the public for the first time.Since its inception, the museum has amassed an impressive collection of historical material and now houses more that 10,000 three-dimensional artifacts, 6,000 books, 20,000 historic photographs, maore than three dozen historical military vehicles and artillery pieces, and over 600 linear feet of archival material. New items are added to this already significant collection each week.
In July 2007, we expanded into the North Terminal Building which is the former airline terminal. This wonderful expansion opportunity enabled us to more than double our exhibit space for aviation items and memorabilia of the 20th Century, enlarge our gift shop and library, add a multimedia theater room, and provide additional educational programs. Our hangar facility continues to be our restoration area along with hangar space for the flying aircraft. All of these areas are being paid for by non-government volunteer pledges and contributions.Tyler and East Texas have innumerable individuals who have had first-hand experience in historic aviation events during times of both peace and war. What a wonderful opportunity it is to share these individuals\’ testimonials and memorabilia with our community. An example of those East Texans who have served so ably in World War II is the late Museum member, Captain Elmer Dixson, USAF 3rd Photo Reconnaissance Squad, 20th Air Force (the official photographers of Japan during World War II) whose history is presented in a museum book entitled \”From Tyler, Texas to Tokyo\”.
The Hoosier Air Museum consists of a 10,000 square-foot hanger which houses our aircraft, a gift shop, various radial, in-line, and jet engines. Also included are aviation memorabilia, models and photographs. Our museum\’s attached annex consists of a 6,375 square-foot facility that houses our banquet/reception hall, resource library and, also includes additional aviation memorabilia, models and photographs.
The CAF was founded to acquire, restore, and preserve in flying condition a complete collection of combat aircraft which were flown by all military services of the United States, and selected aircraft of other nations, for the education and enjoyment of present and future generations of Americans.More than just a collection of airworthy warplanes from the past, the CAF\’s fleet of historical aircraft, known as the CAF Ghost Squadron, recreates, reminds and reinforces the lessons learned from the defining moments of American military history.CAF OBJECTIVES1) To preserve, in flying condition, a complete collection of combat aircraft which were flown by all military services of the United States in World War II, Korea and Vietnam.2) To provide museum buildings for permanent protection and display of these aircraft as a tribute to the thousands of men and women who built, serviced, and flew them.3) To perpetuate in the memory and hearts of all Americans the spirit in which these great planes were flown for the defense of our nation.4) To establish an organization having the dedication, enthusiasm and esprit de corps necessary to operate, maintain and preserve these aircraft as symbols of our American military aviation heritage.
The Historical Aircraft Squadron, Inc. is an all- volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to the restoration, display and operation of former military aircraft and related equipment in our hangar/ museum located at the Fairfield County Airport. The squadron was formed in 1994 by a small group of individuals who shared this common interest. Membership has grown and we currently have members representing a wide variety of ages, interests, talents and volunteer skills. Members and visitors are encouraged to participate in activities and events as well as to just stop by to \”hang around\” to enjoy the atmosphere of the aircraft and museum displays. We are a work in progress so there is always something new to experience.The Squadron\’s restoration hangar has been completed and is the centerpiece of our future plans. The hangar is the focal point of the Squadron\’s activities and is located north of Lancaster at the Fairfield County Airport (LHQ) on the east side of Route 33. Additional buildings are planned to house the museum, completed aircraft restoration projects and static aircraft displays, military vehicles and museum memorabilia.HAS is involved in many activities including the WINGS OF VICTORY AIRSHOW, museum and library development, attending airshows and other events with the PX, field trips and regular monthly meetings.
Hangar 25 Air Museum is housed in a fully restored WWII era hangar. The mission of Hangar 25 Air Museum is to promote education through the collection, preservation and exhibition of the history of the Big Spring Army Air Force Bombardier School and Webb Air Force Base while honoring all veterans, past and present. Often our museum is staffed by retired veterans and civil service employees who are ready to share their memories of the hangar when it was a hub of activity, first, during WWII as a part of the Big Spring Bombardier School and later as a part of Webb Air Force Base, supporting the training of over 10,000 pilots from 1952 to 1977.Today, Hangar 25 Air Museum is very much a Big Spring, Texas community icon, focused on displaying the proud heritage of a great city and educating our fellow citizens of all ages, on the military traditions that have been such an important part of local history. We encourage anyone with a connection to Big Spring, Texas, or Big Spring AAF Bombardier School or Webb Air Force Base to visit and experience for yourself, the history, heritage, and the honor that is Hangar 25 Air Museum. Incidentally, since opening our doors in May of 1999, Hangar 25 Air Museum has hosted more than 41,000 visitors from all 50 states and over 30 foreign countries.
The Museum of Mountain Flying\’s motto is to preserve the legends, lore, and historical legacy of the planes, pilots and individuals who pioneered one of the most dangerous and adventurous forms of aviation in the Rocky Mountain West. Our goal is to preserve this history for future generations through preservation and restoration of aircraft and artifacts that showcase this era and through those efforts be able to educate our visitors about a time when a pilot\’s motto was “Fly the Biggest Piece Back.”
Membership in the Cincinnati Warbirds EAA Squadron 18 is open to anyone with an interest in military aviation. The club organizes and sponsors numerous events including rides in historic warbirds, trips to airshows and museums, warbird restoration projects and other social functions of interest to warbird lovers. We meet on the first Thursday evening of the month for dinner and a meeting. Meetings often include interesting lectures by military pilots, veterans, flight instructors, or other notable authorities in the field of aviation. Dues are currently $25/year.The Warbirds normally meet in the Cincinnati Airman\’s club, located on the second floor of the old terminal building at Lunken Airport, or at the Tri-State Warbird Museum in Batavia, OH.
The purposes for which the Commemorative Air Force is organized are patriotic, educational, and civic, and shall include:To acquire, restore, and preserve in flying condition a complete collection of combat aircraft which were flown by all military services of the United States, and selected aircraft of other nations, for the education and enjoyment of present and future generations of Americans.To construct or obtain museum buildings for the permanent protection, maintenance, and display of these historic aircraft, period artifacts, and documents as a tribute to the thousands of men and women who built, serviced, and flew them and to build and organize the \”Combat Airman Hall of Fame.\”To perpetuate the spirit in which such combat aircraft were flown in the defense of our nation, in the memory and hearts of all Americans. To establish an organization having the dedication, enthusiasm, and esprit de corps necessary to operate, maintain, and preserve these aircraft as symbols of our American military aviation heritage. To receive gifts, legacies, and grants of money and property of every kind and to administer the same for the purposes herein stated, and to do anything necessary or proper for the accomplishment of these purposes; to lease, purchase, hold, have, use, and take possession of and enjoy fee simple or otherwise any personal and real property necessary for the uses and purposes of the corporations; and to sell, lease, alienate, or dispose of the same at the pleasure of the corporation and for the uses and purposes for which said corporation is formed; and to buy and sell real or personal property and to apply the proceeds of sale, including any and all income, to the uses and purposes of the corporation.
During WWII, the 4146 Base Unit was involved in secret rocket development at what was then known as Dover Army Airfield. The building complex where these military secret operations took place was Hangar 1301. From the 1950s to the 1970s, various fighter squadrons called the hangar home. In the 1990s after restoration and placement on the National Register of Historic Places, Hangar 1301 was given new life as the home of the Air Mobility Command Museum.The Air Mobility Command Museum is a part of the National Museum of the United States Air Force\’s field museum system. Air Mobility Command is a major command of the United States Air Force. Its mission is to deliver maximum war-fighting and humanitarian effects for America through rapid and precise global air mobility.
Our organization was first established in March 1990 as a Detachment of the Combat Air Museum of Topeka, Kansas. We began with 15 members, 1 display case and a small office at the Augusta Municipal Airport.Named as Combat Air Museum Det 1 we moved into an empty industrial building at 1304 Money Street in 1991. The organization was incorporated by the State of Kansas in May of 1992 and received our federal recognition by the Internal Revenue Service as a scientific and educational museum that fall. Soon after CAM Det 1 parted with Combat Air Museum and became the Augusta Air Museum. An offer to purchase our 16,500 sq ft present location for 1 dollar was accepted by the Williams Pipeline Company of Tulsa, Oklahoma on December 17, 1993.As the museum grew over the years so did our military donations. In fact, so much more than aviation donations that our board, in 2007, elected to change the museum\’s name to the Kansas Museum of Military History in order to better reflect the collections and exhibits.
The Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles (HMMV) is a non-profit organization run by volunteers and funded by donations and grants.The museum has about 100 vehicles including helicopters, tanks, halftracks, ambulances, and a jeep from every branch of the service plus displays of weapons, uniforms, engines, equipment, and more. The everyday necessities of a soldier\’s life, such as MREs, blend with unique vehicles like those used by the German army in World War II.This hands-on museum invites you to see, touch, and even sit in vehicles that have been restored and, for the most part, are operational. Vehicles date from World War II but displays include items from World War I as well.
The Highland Lakes Squadron museum welcomes you to visit our collection of authentic WWII artifacts as well as our “working” aircraft hangar where we bring WWII aircraft back to life. Specific exhibits include a turret from a B-24 bomber, a cutaway radial engine of the type used in the AT-6/SNJ, a WW-II machine for making dog tags, a WW-II instrument flying trainer (Link Trainer), and an air-to-air missile. Guns from United States, Germany and Japan, knives and bayonets, various home front items, newspapers, uniforms, helmets, aircraft and ship models are on display. Our museum emphasizes the contributions of the common soldier, seaman, and airman. All artifacts in our museum have been donated, principally by local residents or people having contact with local residents.Flying aircraft in our hangar include our 1944-model C-47 \”Bluebonnet Belle\”, 1944-model SNJ T6 Texan, 1939-model PT-19, and 1946 L-17 Navion. You are welcome to take a guided tour of each of these aircraft.We are an all-volunteer non-profit unit of the Commemorative Air Force and we do ask for a small admission into the museum.
The Delaware Aviation Museum at Sussex County Airport features many World War II aviation artifacts, memorabilia and displays. The museum is also home of the Jeffrey L. Ethell Memorial Aviation Library of over 3,000 aviation related books: the largest aviation library in the east. Vintage aircraft are also on display.