PRESS RELEASE – EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2020 will continue the tradition of legends, personalities, and history makers at Oshkosh evening programs, as this year’s Theater in the Woods schedule brings together notable guests from the worlds of aviation and spaceflight throughout the week.
The 68th annual Experimental Aircraft Association fly-in convention is scheduled for July 20-26 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
“As we continue to plan for a full AirVenture event in 2020, the evening programs at Oshkosh have become known as the place for unforgettable programs involving people from throughout the history of flight,” said Rick Larsen, EAA’s vice president who coordinates AirVenture features and attractions. “Thousands of people enjoy these unique gatherings every evening during AirVenture and this year’s lineup will again entertain, educate, and enthrall all who attend.”
While the exact schedule is still being finalized, with additional programs expected, some of the major themes for this year’s evening programs at Theater in the Woods include:
· Sunday, July 19: An Evening With Champions, the traditional pre-opening day program featuring noteworthy aviators from across the flying community
· Monday, July 20: 25th anniversary of the space shuttle linkup with the Russian Mir space station
· Tuesday, July 21: An Evening With Innovators, including the Grand Finale of the five-year Founders Innovation Prize competition
· Wednesday, July 22: EAA WomenVenture, celebrating women aviators and their achievements
· Thursday, July 23: Program to be announced
· Friday, July 24: The 50th anniversary of the Canadian Forces Snowbirds flight demonstration team
· Saturday, July 25: U.S. Air Force’s Special Operations Command, highlighting the people and stories from this unique segment of the USAF
All EAA evening programs are included with regular admission to AirVenture. EAA’s Theater in the Woods is sponsored by M&M’S.